Tuesday 18 June 2013

Results speak volumes

Today I had my monthly weigh in and measurements with Stuart in my PT session. Having been back to sticking strictly to my ratios, and staying off the starchy carbs and grains, for the last 7 or 8 weeks I felt that I was back on form. But even I was surprised with the results.

I've mentioned before that my optimum body fat is 14%, but looking back through my measurements the lowest I reached as 12.5%. This week I measured in at 13%, down from 15% four weeks ago. We had to double check a couple of measurements because I'd lost quite a lot off my problem areas of my triceps and thighs, and with the circumferences we've seen me shift the extra 4cm I'd put on my hips measurement which was all round my backside. We also had to double check my weight, because that has dropped by 3kg!

It's no wonder I've been feeling so good, clearly I've really hit the perfect ratios for my protein, carbohydrate and fat consumption. Now that I understand why my body responds this way, and why I need to stick to a high-protein, low-carb, way of eating it's going to be so much easier for me to maintain this and steer clear of the foods that make me fat and ill. That knowledge and understanding has now made me realise that there are ways I can join friends and family in enjoying a meal out or a takeaway without making myself ill or undoing all the hard work, and without making everyone feel uncomfortable or that I'm starving myself.

Add to this the fact that my new workout programme revisits some exercises I've done in the past, but my initial weights have now increased, I know that I'm in a good place physically and mentally. I just have to remember the mantra: Eat Clean, Lift Weights. Because, for me, it works. My one regret is not knowing about this way of life when I was first diagnosed with a thyroid condition, but thankfully I got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment